Department: Engineering / Technical
Business Unit: Kwazulu Natal – Mediclinic Pietermaritzburg
Geographical Location: Pietermaritzburg
Province / Region: KwaZulu-Natal
Recruiter: Helen Sewell
Number of Positions: 1
Will offline applications be accepted?: No
Closing date: 2017/08/11
- A relevant qualification on NQF level 3.
- Experience in maintenance within a healthcare facility or alternatively, experience on steam generation, air composers and vacuum pumps would be an advantage.
- Additionally, any experience in maintaining large laundry equipment will be taken into consideration, as well as experience in maintenance within a large production environment.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in mechanical maintenance of equipment and machinery.
- Experience in: Plumbing, pipe fitting, boiler making, building, carpentry and painting.
- Exposure to planned maintenance.
- Ensures adherence to Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Good accuracy and attention to detail skills in order to maintain high standards in work output.
- Good planning and organising skills.
- Displays sound sense in the solution of problems.
- Maintains a customer-focused mindset that acknowledges the value of the customer.
- Exhibits full responsibility for own work outputs.
- Displays good interpersonal effectiveness skills to promote and maintain respectful work relationships.
- Displays a team approach by participating actively.
- The ability to identify and demonstrate company values.
- Key Outputs Responsible for completed job cards and jobs are carried out as per instruction.
- Risk control i.e. adhere to infection control measures, Occupational Health and Safety act requirements, safe working procedures.
- Management of on-site contractors e.g. obtain quotes, work completed are monitored, approved and signed-off.
- Ensures office administration complete and up to date e.g. job cards, goods received notes, filing systems.
- Maintains client service principles to ensure client expectations are met.
- Other Information Your contribution to the company will be rewarded with a market-related remuneration package which includes membership of subsidised medical- and retirement funds, generous leave, a thirteenth cheque and participation in a special nursing or management bonus scheme for qualifying staff members.
- Candidates who are interested in applying for this position, can apply directly at http://careers.mediclinic.com