JUNIOR MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN / TECHNOLOGIST NEEDED AT MURRAY AND ROBERTS
Closing Date: 23/08/2017
Murray and Roberts is looking for a permanent Junior Mechanical Technician/Technologist to start immediately who will be responsible with assisting the Engineering and Manufacturing Team with the process, mechanical design, project management and on-schedule delivery of water treatment systems.
He/ she will be involved with the planning, coordination and control of all manufacturing processes. He/she will assist with the communication of reliable information about projects to all departments and stakeholders. This information includes milestone and project schedules, project scope, budget, product specifications, production processes, reports, and project status
- Mechanical Engineering (National Diploma or BTech)
- Driver’s licence
- Proficient in MS Office and AutoCAD
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in similar role.
- Interpretation and understanding of technical designs, drawings, and materials.
- Good general knowledge of the water treatment industry and a demonstrated network of global suppliers.
- Understanding of (Manufacturing) working environment.
- Knowledge / experience of engineering practices.
- Make sure Process/Mechanical Designs and drawings are delivered on time without additional costs.
- Written reports are managed and provided timeously.
- Produce plant operating manuals and provide technical support to plant operators for effective and sustainable plant operation.
- High standards of safety and quality are adhered to.
- A professional appearance and conduct is maintained at all times.
- Assigned tasks are completed on time and to the prescribed schedule.
- Work is in accordance with the required policies, processes, procedures and standards.
- Provide detailed process and overall plant configuration / layout design that is economical and incorporates global best practice and latest industry trends.
- Provide technical input into projects and ensure deliverables satisfy engineering quality standards.
- Provide process and overall plant configuration / layout design (AutoCAD) that is economical and incorporated global best practice and latest industry trends.
- Assist the project team to source suppliers from a global network of reliable suppliers that are competitive with regards to costs and delivery times.
- Develop and issue plant operating manuals and provide technical support to plant operators to ensure effective and sustainable plant operation.
- Attend agreed technology workshops and seminars to discuss/ review techniques, standards, specifications or new technologies with a view to advancing Mechanical Engineering know how and improving project performance and business objectives.
- Complete given tasks on time, to the prescribed schedule, according to the needs of the assignment or project organization.
- Assist with the preparation of plans and updates for projects and suggest new ways of improving processes.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and to train and develop peers
- Ability to effectively interpret customer requirements
- People orientated and show ability to work in a team and to train and develop peers
- Output / results / service driven Quality conscious and attentive to detail
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Capacity to handle pressure
All appointments will be done in line with our employment equity strategy.