PETRA DIAMONDS SEEKS DIESEL MECHANICS
Job Grade: C2
- Grade 12/ N3
- Valid driver’s license
- 2 years post apprenticeship experience
- Experience in a Trackless Mining environment
- Recognised Diesel Mechanic/Earthmoving Mechanic Trade Certificate through a recognised apprenticeship**
- NB: please indicate clearly on your CV
Location: Kimberley Ekapa mine
Petra Diamonds seeks diesel mechanics who will be responsibe of performing service maintenance and repairs on equipment and machinery according to sound engineering practices and equipment specifications.
- Creating and maintaining job cards.
- Ensuring all personal and co-workers’ adherence and compliance to Security and Company’s SHE objectives
- Investigating, diagnosing and performing trade related maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery.
- Supervise Engineering Operatives and assistants.
- Communicating with clients and supervisors to inform them on maintenance activities performed and pre-start of equipment.
- Performing inspections in accordance with the Mine Health and Safety Act regulations, manufacturing and Company standards.
- Developing, modifying, constructing and installing related equipment required for the safe operation of all engineering equipment.
- Reporting of all defects and breakdowns on equipment and machinery to the Foreman.
- Identifying spares requirements and order according to departmental procedure.
- Work according to the Mine’s Code of Practice, and report any observations of this not being done
NB: Candidates holding a QCTO (Section 26D) Trade Test, where the learning route is not specified on the Certificate, must submit the following: Statement of results issued by an accredited MQA trade test center as well as evidence of training conducted at a technical training center (e.g. Portfolio of Evidence, Logbooks). Should these documents not be submitted the application will not be considered.
Candidates holding S28 Trade Test certificates from non-Mining Sector centers will not be considered.
- Good verbal and written communication in English
- Be independent, pro-active thinker and have the ability to do own job planning
Kimberley Ekapa Mining is an equal opportunity employer. Preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups in line with the Company’s Employment Equity Policy and internal candidates.
If you are already employed by KEMJV or Petra Diamonds, please submit an authorized Internal Application Form, your résumé, qualifications and ID when applying.
Please complete an application form available on (APPLICATION FORM) and forward, together with your résumé, qualifications, ID as well as contactable references of previous employers, to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 086 659 1334
Closing date: 6 September 2017.
Please note that incomplete documentation will not be considered.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as