ARTISAN BOILERMAKERS WANTED
REF No.: UW4205_ UW0042
Reporting To: Maintanance Engineer
No. of Positions: 2
The purpose of this vacancy is to perform boilermaker and welding responsibilities, maintaining of all assets and equipment in compliance this includes new installations with statutory requirements and safety standards and with minimum supervision to acceptable standards.
- Mentoring of learners & apprentices through a structured program of operational activities.
- Performing of fault-finding procedures
- Analyzing and interpreting specifications for new installations
- recording and updating changes to drawings and O&M manuals
- Maintaining the reliability of all installations
- performing planned and unplanned maintenance on plant & equipment
- Checking performance of equipment’s
- provide specifications for the spares required in line with compliance and legislative requirements
- Repairing of all pipelines & installing of vales in shutdown conditions
- constructing, installing, testing and commissioning new items/ units
- Maintaining equipment’s in order to optimize their reliability and performance
- Repairing or replacing parts as required
- conducting regular equipment tests and inspections
- performing of standby duties and attending to call-outs
- Constructing and installing components for new projects
- Managing trainee operational & developmental activities
- N3 Certificate
- Relevant Trade Test
- Driver’s license code 08 / EB
- Coded according to API 1104 code
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be proficiency in steel fabrication & welding
- Sound commitment to maintenance principles and practices to avoid undue downtime or losses
- Perform full penetration root welds/runs on small diameter pipes to the API 1104 code
- Have the ability to quickly and accurately identify and analyze problems and provide sound solutions
- Have the ability to work in confined spaces.
- Have the ability to work thoroughly, efficiently & within budget
- Experience in the welding of large diameter pipes to the API 1104Ability to work under pressure
- Should have the ability to perform tasks that require sound attention to detail principles
- Flexibility is a must
Closing date for applications will be: 11 October 2017
Interested persons are requested to logon to umgeni and register their applications, CVs and attach relevant certified copies of qualifications or post to The Recruitment Facilitator, Human Resources Department, P O Box 9, Pietermaritzburg, 3200 clearly indicating the position being applied for and reference number. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted. Applications without relevant certified copies will not be considered.
If you do not receive a reply within four (4) weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Employment will be done in accordance with Umgeni Water Employment Policies and in the context of Employment Equity.
Recruitment Agency Click