FIRESTONE DIAMONDS DIESEL MECHANIC HELPER
Firestone Diamonds PLC invites suitably candidates to apply for the vacant position of Diesel Mechanic Helper.
The purpose of this vacancy is to assist the Diesel Mechanic with the maintenance and service of our vehicle fleet and the incumbent is also responsible for the maintenance and repair of all equipment tyres on site.
- Performing road inspections on all vehicles during daily, weekly and monthly services.
- Ensuring compliance and adherence to SHE policies, practices, safety standards and complete necessary risk assessments.
- Draining and refilling all oils on a vehicle during a service.
- Inspecting vehicles and equipment for damages and reporting to supervisor prior to perform and maintenance or repairs on any equipment.
- Removing tires for brake shoes or brake pad inspections and refitting.
- Checking all tyre pressures during service and pump to required pressure if required.
- Inspecting vehicles to ensure that they are equipped with the required jack, wheel spanner, trial-angles and jack levers.
- Replacing minor components as and when required.
- Greasing all moving components that require lubrication.
- Replacing defective globes on vehicles as and when required.
LEGAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Police clearance certificate
- Medical fitness certificate
- Valid code 14 driver’s license
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Diesel Mechanic assistant
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures in maintaining diesel motors
- Basic knowledge of Auto Electrician repairs;
- Knowledge in tyre repairs and wheel balance
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Must be efficient
- Pay attention to details and detail focused
- Follow through work
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks and relationships within a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to act in a tactful and respectful manner at all times
- Keep inline with principles of correct moral conduct
- Must have the ability to take direction but exercise independent thought and judgment.
Application letters including a detailed CV and certified copies of relevant qualifications should be submitted to:
Letsie Office Park – Pension House
Closing date: 24th November 2017
Disclaimer: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted