C & I TECHNICIAN (SECURITY)
Title: C & I TECHNICIAN (SECURITY) Location: Kimberley, Kuruman Ref no.: FIN298 Job Grade: C3 / C2T Closing date: 17 January 2018
The C & I Technician position requires an individual to maintain, service, repair electronic equipment, networks, radio and security systems within the mining and plant areas.
- Qualified Technician
- National Diploma (T3/S4) or
- NTC (low current)
- 3 years relevant experience or
- Trade Tested Mechanical 4 years relevant experience and relevant trade certificate (essential)
- Valid driver’s licence
- Sound knowledge of access control systems
- Sound knowledge of IP surveillance system software, hardware and Ethernet networks
- Computer literate MS Office Suite (essential)
- PSIRA registration (advantageous)
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- C & I Technician will be performing security related activities on equipment and systems, hardware and software.
- Monitoring and evaluating technology in order to ensure continuous improvement in the direct work environment.
- Investigating and diagnosing problems and breakdowns to determine resource requirements and procurement duties.
- Maintaining, installing and repairing Security Systems including Access Control, Surveillance and associated security devices and peripherals.
- Carrying out repairs and preventative maintenance work on all Security equipment to comply with product technical specifications.
- Co-ordinating and monitoring equipment availability to ensure adherence to production parameters and security requirements.
- Attending to the relevant administrative functions including record keeping and as-build diagrams.
- Installation, testing and modifications of new systems.
- Have the ability to conduct fault finding activities on access control, surveillance systems, networks and X-ray systems.
- Door controller programming.
Candidates who are successful for appointment, but have not completed the National N Diploma: Engineering will be appointed at a C2T level as Technician until such time as they have obtained the required National N Diploma: Engineering.
Preference will be given to candidates who reside within our host area of Kgatelopele (proof of residence may be requested).
Please complete an application form DOWNLOAD FORM or at the Finsch Mine HR Services office and forward, together with your CV, qualifications and ID to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax 086 659 1334 by 17 January 2018.
Please note that incomplete application forms and documentation will not be considered. If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.