SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER VACANCY
Title: Service Delivery Manager Division: Customer Services Location: Johannesburg Type: Full time, Permanent Availability: Immediately Closing date: 29 January 2018
Matimba Consulting seeks to recruit a service delivery Manager for their client based in Johannesburg Jet-Park,
In a Service orientated organization, it is necessary for certain roles to be formalized and adapted to allow for ownership and management of a Customer Services or portfolio of Customers. This Customer ownership is centered on Service Delivery and accountability for the Service expectations of the Customer.
- The SDM takes ownership of the service Delivery provided to the Customer and does this by supervision of the service delivery or support teams.
- The role of the SDM to provide a consultative interface to the Customer which is accurate and serves to establish the SDM as a trusted service advisor to the Customer.
- Accurate reporting back to the Customer is a key function of the SDM and this reporting function with form part of the expected outputs of a Service Delivery Manager. The reporting provided to the Customer included periodic and ad hoc reporting.
- The essential function of the SDM is to establish a constructive and productive relationship between and the Customer. This relationship must be based on an excellent services record and the establishment of the SDM as a primary contact point between the Customer and Delivery Teams, therefore the role of the SDM and the Customer Relationship Management or Account Manager become a complimentary function.
- The SDM must have a clear view of the financial status of the Customer Service Division which includes the profit and Loss (P&L) of the department. Having this view allows the SDM to make educated and productive decisions and allows for more insightful management of the relationship between and the Customer.
- Driving the business relationship forward based on being advisable and consulting to the Customer should be a key focus of the SDM.
- Service Reporting is an essential output from the SDM, this includes the preparation, organizing and managing the periodic service review meetings as well as the identification and implementation of service measurements agreed to by the Customer.
- The role of the SDM will also include certain logistical functions such as the supervision of Changes and Incidents including resolution and Escalation.
- Understanding the Service Contract between and the Customer is an important function for the SDM and allows the SDM the intelligence needed for management of the Customer relationship.
- The SDM is expected to act on Escalated Issues or Problems. The core focus of the role of the SDM is based on ownership and the Delivery teams will look to the SDM as senior resource to handle escalations and have the ability to drive delivery teams to resolve escalated issues.
- Root Cause Analysis is an important function of the SDM and becomes and expected output for this role. The ability to analyze a problem or failure of an incident is key and the documentation of a formal Root Cause
- Analysis document to be provided to a Customer is within the expected outputs of a SDM.
- A SDM is expected to be able to present account growth, either financial or technological, and have the ability identify the growth plan for an account.
- Spending valuable meeting time with a Customer is a key output for the SDM and this relies on ensuring that meeting time with a Customer is structured, focused and productive.
- Management of the national Customer Services & Technical Support teams within the Customer Services Division.
- Provide Pre-Sales and Proposal Assistance to the Sales team to drive selling of technical and managed services & service plans.
- Structure & implement Service Levels and Managed Service Plans.
- Drive positive Revenue growth for the Customer Services Division and effectively manage Operational costs.
- Implement effective management strategies with the current Operations and Technical managers within the Customer Service Division.
- Engage with Customer on Service Escalations and manage the Customer Experience for Top 10 Customers.
- Present Service Delivery Performance to Customers on a recurring basis.
- Design and implement Standard Operational Procedures and Optimized processes.
- Implementation and management of Staff Key Performance Indicators and performance against Service Level Agreements in place with Customers.
- Ensure a positive Customer Experience and seek to improve Customer Satisfaction.
- Defining clear Administrative Processes and Procedures in order to minimize risk, ensure cost-saving and analysis.
- Implement improved purchasing processes for equipment and spares.
- Work with Global Customer Services to develop and implement improved ITIL based Service Management Processes.
- Implement a staff growth and development plan.
- Ensure optimal productivity among staff and ensure that staff are managed in an effective and positive way in line with our vision.
- Degree / Diploma or relevant experience in service or operational management.
- Experience in Customer Service or Service Delivery Management.
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of business processes.
- Ability to interpret and present data and performance metrics.
- Understanding of Financial processes.
- Fluent in English oral and written.
- Advanced understanding and/or qualification in South African labour law or basic conditions of employment.
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills.
- Able to manage a team of resources.
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and prioritize.
- Team player; easy to work with, integrates easily into a new environment.
- Capable of showing initiative and out of the box thinking.
- Proficiency in MS Office is a must.
- ITIL Certification id preferred.
- Role is based at their Johannesburg Customer Services Division at Jet Park.
- Role will require National Management of Customer Services Division and may require travel when required.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
- An attractive basic salary package with additional commissions and benefits
- Coaching from peers and formal training and certification in ITIL Service Management
- To join a great team in a fast-paced work environment
HOW TO APPLY
Send your application (CV, motivation letter and references) to MATIMBACONSULTING@GMAIL.COM Like Matimba Consulting Facebook page Register your CV with us for future post by clicking here