We strive to provide you with a dynamic, interactive experience on all our Platforms. It is our aim to keep you informed and entertained by presenting you with the latest and most relevant news and content. One of the ways we do this is by analysing information we collect and receive from you in order to determine what you might be interested in. This helps us develop more engaging content and provide advertising that is more suited to you and more effective for advertisers, which enables us to keep most of our services free.
You must be older than 13 years old to use our Platforms. If you are below 18 years old, you must get permission from your parent or guardian before you use our Platforms or give us your personal information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE
We collect and receive information about you in the following ways:
- Information you give us
This includes any information that you provide to us directly, whether through our Platforms or via phone, sms, fax or any other medium, this may include information you give to us:
by filling in forms on our Platforms. Like when you sign-up for an account or when you subscribe or register to use services on our Platforms;
when you enter a competition, promotion or complete a survey;
by posting comments or content on our Platforms;
when you purchase one of our products or services;
when you contact us and when you otherwise provide information directly to us.
- Information we collect or receive when you use our Platforms, products or services
We collect information when you use our Platforms or services by using cookies, web beacons and other technologies. Depending on how you access and use our Platforms, we may receive:
Log information (for example information about your interactions with our Platforms and other services you use, the content you view and the search queries you submit);
Information we infer about you based on your interaction with our products and services;
Device information (for example the type of device you’re using, how you access our Platforms, your browser or operating system and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address);
Location information (for example, your device’s GPS signal and information about nearby WiFi networks and cell towers. We get this information when you use location-enabled services).
- Information from third-party sources
We may receive additional information about you that is publicly or commercially available and combine that with the information we have collected or received about you in other ways. We may also receive information about you when you choose to connect with social networking services while using our Platforms.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE
We use the information we collect and receive for the following general purposes:
- To provide you with information, products or services you request from us.
- To communicate with you. We may want to notify you about changes to our Platforms or provide you with information about competitions, products or services that we feel may interest you.
- To be effective and relevant in the services we provide you. We want to ensure that content from our Platforms is presented to you in the most effective manner for you and for the device you use. We also want to provide you with content that you are likely to find relevant and engaging.
- To provide effective advertising. Many of our Platforms are supported by advertising. We want to enhance our users’ experience by serving ads that may be useful to them. Some of the ways we do this are by: showing you ads based on your online activities, such as the websites and apps you use or the content you viewed, as well as data we have collected about you, data that you have provided to us, or data that we have received from third-party sources; limiting the number of times you see the same ad; and measuring the effectiveness of the ads we serve.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE
- We don’t sell your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
- We may share information with: Our affiliate career websites. By sharing this information amongst business units, we may learn more about our customers, allowing us to create a more relevant and engaging customer experience. Business partners. We may share non-personally identifiable information with select business partners. This means that we do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our business partners (in other words, we do not give them your name and contact details), but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their ad on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help our business partners reach the kind of audience they want to target.
- Other parties in response to legal process or when necessary to conduct or protect our Platforms. We may disclose your information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect our Platforms. We may also disclose your information during the process of debt collection, or to our attorneys in connection with any potential, threatened or actual litigation, or to our auditors for the purpose of auditing our accounts.
- Other parties in connection with certain business transactions. In the event that we sell any of our businesses or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
- Companies that provide services to us. Companies that provide services to us or act on our behalf may have access to information about you. These companies are limited in their ability to use information they receive in the course of providing services to us or you.
Third-parties where you provide consent. In some cases, third-parties (often advertisers), may wish to attain information about you in order to promote their products to you, or for whatever other reason. We may share information with third-parties where you provide consent in the form of explicit opt-in. Such circumstances may include (but are not limited to) an entry into a competition sponsored by a third-party where the provision of your information is a condition for entry to the competition, or where you express your interest in a product or service for which you would like more information.
- We will also ensure that your opt-in is explicit and that we provide a clear description of what data would be shared with the third-party. Remember that once you have opted in to allow us to send your information to the third-party, we cannot control what they do with your data; therefore, be sure to investigate their privacy policies before providing permission for us to share your information.
- Other parties that provide content, advertising services, or functionality on our Platforms. Some of the content, advertising, and functionality on our Platforms may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. Such third parties include:
- Advertising providers, which help us and our advertising customers provide ads that are tailored to users’ interests and understand how users respond to those ads;
Audience-measurement companies, which help us measure the overall usage of our Platforms and compare that usage to other online services; and
Social networking services (like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) that enable you to register and log into certain of our services and to share things you find on our Platforms with your social network. This is only applicable if you choose to connect with a social networking service; we may provide other registration and login methods.
You have the right to ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by using any of the various “opt-out” options that we will always provide to you when we communicate with you. We manage a number of separate distribution lists across the various Career360 business units, each having its own theme and purpose. By opting out of one distribution list, does not automatically remove you from all other lists. You cannot opt-out of routine service correspondence from us, because then we would not be able to provide services to you.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SECURITY
Although no one can guarantee the security of the information collected and received, we do employ a number of safeguards intended to mitigate the risk of unauthorized access or disclosure of your information. We will do our best to protect your personal information and we will use up to date technology that will help us to do this.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Platforms contain links to and from websites, mobile applications or services of third parties, advertisers or affiliates. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other parties and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects personal information.
Career360 is based in South Africa, and, regardless of where you use or access our Platforms, products, or services, your information may be transferred to and maintained on servers located in South Africa (or elsewhere in the world). Please note that any information we obtain about you will be stored in accordance with South African privacy laws, regulations and standards, which may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By using our Platforms you consent to this collection, transfer, storage and processing of information to and in South Africa.