Post: Maintenance Officer (Plumbing)
Centre: Compensation Fund, Pretoria
Reference No: HR 5/1/2/3/22
Salary: R 183 558 per annum
Enquiries: Mr MS Mokau
Tel: (012) 406 5736
- National Diploma/ N6 in Civil Engineering: Plumbing or Civil engineering plus Trade test
- Two years relevant experience
- valid driver’s license. Knowledge: Maintenance of subdirectorate goals and performance requirements.
- Compensation Fund Services.
- Relevant policies, procedures and processes.
- Customer Service (Batho Pele Principles)
- Specialised tools, equipment and hardware.
- Relevant external building industry legislation, norms and standards.
- Technical Knowledge. Legislative requirements: Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHS)
- Relevant legislation pertaining to the building industry Skills: Required Technical Proficiency (Plumbing).
- Report Writing Skills.
- Specialised tools, equipment and hardware operation skills.
- Facilities management Services. Duties: Render technical or practical plumbing trade services.
- Adhere to Occupational Health and Safety (OHASA) standards, legislation and Fund quality standards and procedures.
- Perform routine Maintenance and general upkeeps in various premises for the Fund including leased premises.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
21 August 2017 at 16:00
Applications must be submitted on Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za/documents. The fully completed and signed Z83 application form should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as recently certified copies of all qualification(s) including a Senior Certificate and ID-document [Driver’s license where applicable], not older than six months.
Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of their Permanent Residence Permits to their applications. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applicants who do not comply with the abovementioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered.
The Department does not accept applications via fax or email. Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification). Where applicable, candidates will be subjected to a practical assessment for skills/knowledge test. Successful candidates will be appointed on a probation period of 12 months. The Department reserves the right not to make any appointment(s) to the above post. The successful candidate will be expected to sign a performance agreement.
The Department of Labour is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of the Department. It is the Department’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer / promotion / appointment will promote representativity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan.
Applications: Acting Chief Director: Corporate Support: P O Box 955, Pretoria, 0001 Or hand deliver at 473 Stanza Bopape, Benstra Building, Arcadia For Attention: Sub-directorate: Human Resources Planning, Practices and Administration, Compensation Fund.