SANDVIK SEEKS MAINTENANCE HANDYMAN
Sandvik seeks a maintenance handyman to assist with maintenance requirements at the Jet Park Sites. We’ll rely on the artisan to keep our facilities in perfect condition by doing various jobs The artisan will be responsible for performing multiple maintenance tasks, which could include, but is not limited to; general facilities repairs, attend to network and telephone issues, maintain and repair air conditioners and troubleshoot general problems, the artisan should be reliable to undertake upkeep and repair tasks at company premises.
Deft hands and technical knowledge are important parts of a handyman’s arsenal. The artisan must be well-organized with strong general repair skills. A keen eye for detail and physical stamina are valued greatly in this job.
- Matric (Grade 12) or equivalent qualification
- A valid trade certificate
- A valid drivers licence
- Min 2-5 years cabling, electrical and handyman experience
- Experience in air conditioner maintenance
- Computer literate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adherence to company policies and procedures
- Make recommendations on any matter relating to Safety, Health, Environment and Quality
- Be highly observant
- Ability to solve problems
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of repairing equipment.
- Ability to undertake duties as assigned or emergency tasks
- Ability to Identify and report the need for major repairs
- Must have basic math skills
- Good communication ability
- Must be well-organized and apt in problem-solving
- Must pay attention to detail
WHO MAY APPLY:
All applicants outside South Africa must ensure that they are able to secure a work permit and permanent residence prior to applying for any advertised positions.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please click on the ‘Apply’ button
Applications close: 25 August 2017
Job Reference No: 354048
If you have any further queries, please contact Sandvik on 0800 331 331.
Recruiter: E Moganedi
Sandvik is committed to representivity in the composition of its employees and the creation of job opportunities across all sectors of the South African population.
More vacancies click