Paarl Coldset Apprenticeship 2018
Type of contract: Apprenticeship
Company: Paarl Coldset
Paarl Coldset is a division of Novus Holdings it is a successful and efficient running newspaper operation that has 5 printing sites across South Africa. Paarl Coldset has an excellent track record of achievement which is built on a performance culture, strong foundation, behaviors and values.
To realize their vision to be leaders in the newspaper and commercial printing industry, the company is currently seeking candidates for the 2018 Apprenticeship programme in the printing trade sector, commencing in December 2017.
Successful candidates will earn a monthly stipend whilst completing their trade. The programme consist of 5 – 6 months facilitated theoretical training at the Novus Academy in Paarl in the Western Cape region, followed by approximately 26 – 30 months core experiential training at the Paarl Coldset Johannesburg entity. This is in preparation of the respective trade tests.
- The successful applicants will be appointed and contracted as Apprentices through Fiber Processing & Manufacturing (FP&M) SETA.
- The successful applicants will have to enter into a fixed term training contract with the employer and the SETA for the duration of training.
- There is no contractual obligation with regards to permanent placement after completion of the apprenticeship programme.
- Performance during and after training will be evaluated and assessed for recommendations for possibly permanent placement.
- Technical Grade 12 would be advantageous
- Grade 12 Senior Certificate with Physical Science would be advantageous
- Grade 12 Senior Certificate with Mathematics is essential
- Technical foundation (Completion of Grade 12 at a Technical school or College) would be advantageous
- No experience required
- A technical interest or demonstrated technical aptitude would be an added advantage
Skills & Competencies:
- Proficiency in English
- Exceptional colour perception
- Willingness to work shifts
- Willing to learn
- Good communication verbal and written
Closing date 24 September 2016