AEL MINING NEEDS TWO ENGINEERING ASSISTANTS
Permanent Number of Positions: 2 Town / Site: Mogalakwena and Venetia Mine Location: Limpopo
AEL seeks to recruit two Engineering Assistants to work in Venetia and Mogalakwena Mine in order to provide a maintenance service on MMU’s and other equipment’s. AEL Mining Services are members of the JSE listed company AECI Group in South Africa, which is the leading developer, supplier and producer of commercial explosives, initiating systems and blasting services for mining, quarrying and construction markets in Africa and Indonesia. They are also the largest supplier of explosives technology and initiating systems in Continent.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 / N3
- Pneumatic experience (advantageous).
- Experience working with hand tools such as jigsaws, drilling machines, bench grinders and machinery.
- Hands-on technical, production and quality management experience (essential)i9Bqvs
- A good understanding and knowledge of safety standards, quality management and production processes in a manufacturing Environment.
- Minimum of 3 years workshop experience as an artisan assistant.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing hands-on assistance to the maintenance artisan in the repair and maintenance.
- Being actively involved in health and safety initiatives.
- Must be willing to be cross-trained on electrical and instrumentation skills.
- Identifying problem areas
- Implementing pro-active maintenance to improvement corrective actions
- Ability to work the prescribed shift pattern.
- The assistants will be responsible for weekly greasing of MMU’S.
- Performing of health and safety inspections
- Performing engineering inspections
- Providing an in-house function regarding lube services and other minor work as directed by maintenance artisan.
- Ability to perform overtime duties and standby.
- Ability to work without supervision at all times.
- The assistants will ensure that the maintenance area and oil store is kept clean at all times
- Have a Sense of urgency
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills with all levels in the organization
- Must have Problem solving skills
- Accuracy skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Must be Flexible
- Should be a Team player
- Ability to work independently and on won initiative
- Must be a Self-starter
- Adhere and Live the AEL Values
APPLY CLOSING DATE: 03 Nov 2017