JETPARK MACHINE OPERATOR VACANCY
Title: Machine Operator Location: Johannesburg (Jetpark) Position Type: Temp to Perm Start Date: Immediately/30 days’ notice Closing date: 29 January 2018
- A Machine operator ensures that the quality of the product is up to the customer’s standards.
- The candidate will be responsible for making sure that the job samples are brought to QC for quality check.
- He or she is responsible for making sure that the dye goes for sharpening if it’s blunt, and that the blades on the machines are renewed all the time to avoid paper dust.
- A Machine Operator is responsible for the safe set up and operation of the die cutting equipment within the department.
- He or she must meet or exceeds production, quality and efficiency requirements at all times.
- The individual must ensure conformance to all Health and Safety Policies, Rules and Regulations and general housekeeping standards. Must have very good working knowledge of Omega SR270.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform a daily maintenance and check on Machine.
- Gets a job card from the planner for him to set up the machine.
- Checks for the dye that he/she is going to use for the job as per the job card and ensure cleanliness after use.
- Ensure safe storage of all equipment closer machine.
- Must be able to adhere to all health and safety SOP’s all the time.
- Limits waste on machine and paper as well as all consumables.
- Ensure rolls are produced in a tidy and neat fashion on time as well as adherence to high quality standards.
- Ensuring the right paper is used for the right job.
- Operates the rewinding machine to check for mistakes.
- Measures rolls with ruler or compares rolls with standard to verify conformance to specifications.
- Stacks rolls in storage area according to size and shape.
- Sharpens cutting edges of dies, using file or hone.
- Ensure stock codes and batch numbers are printed and put onto rolls and packed into boxes.
- Adhering to principles & values
- Working with People
- Planning and Organizing
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Can work unsupervised
- Must be a team player
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 3 years working experience in Machine Operating.
- Must be able to communicate well internally and externally.
- Must be highly organized and able to plan.
- Computer literate.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Structured and organized approach.
- Self-reliant, flexible, energetic, confident.
- Strong resistance to pressure.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
- A market related salary package.
- To join a great team in a fast-paced work environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your detailed CV to MATIMBACONSULTING@GMAIL.COM Like Matimba Consulting Facebook page Register your CV with us for future post by clicking here
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on grounds of age, race,
religion, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation or disability in relation to recruitment and employment.