BOILER OPERATOR ASSISTANT
Title: Boiler Operator Assistant Type: Permanent No. of positions: 2 Division: ARE Location: Umbogintwini, KZN Closing date: 04 May 2018
Acacia Operations Services (Pty) Limited which is a subsidiary of AECI is seeking to recruit 2x Boiler Operator Assistants to work in Umbogintwini. focusing on providing a wide range of utilities and services to the Umbogintwini Industrial Complex.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Computer literate.
- Must be physical fit and good health.
- Ability to work in plant conditions without fear of heights or confined spaces.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Loading of chemical drums on to stand and salt into dissolving tanks.
- Senior boiler operator assistant.
- Comply with all safety, health and Environmental standards within Acacia.
- Assisting Senior Boiler Operator during shift work while his busy with sampling and plant duties.
- Assist during shutdowns.
- Preparing samples.
- Taking meter readings periodical.
- Maintaining good housekeeping of the plant.
- Daily cleaning of boiler house.
- Receiving and offloading coal trucks into the coal bunkers when necessary.
- Taking over responsibilities of the Boiler Operator when an incumbent becomes incapacitated whiles on shift until supervision releases +- one hour.
- Maintaining softened water plan by instruction of the boiler shift operator.
- Monitoring water flows in to Effluent Plant.
- Report unsafe acts and conditions Plant Superintendent.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Problems solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
- Honesty and Integrity.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Ability to handle pressure.
HOW TO APPLY